SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, assist Engineering Manger to manage manufacturing operations or associated company operations; meet deadlines; and promote our mission, quality policy and our values and beliefs as a company. Also, maintain existing part processes; develop new part process (including: drafting blueprints, writing CNC programs, modifying or creating process and inspection documentation); and modify part processes according to customer specification and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
• New part process development.
• Maintenance of existing part processes.
• CAD drafting.
• CNC programming.
• Tooling, fixture and machine design.
• Process documentation.
• Lead New Part / Revised Part reviews when necessary.
• Lead continual improvement projects as instructed.
• Price and process quoting for potential new work.
• Assign tasks as appropriate to work areas (cells), machines, and/ or employees; ensure that all tasks are completed on time and to customer or managerial specifications.
• Proficiently manage subordinate cell/s to be organized, clean and efficient (using 5S and Lean standards), and encourage positive employee morale.
• Run everyday meetings with the engineering team to discuss individual objectives and successes.
• When necessary, meet with Plant Manager, other supervisors, directors, and/ or customers to discuss orders, job specifications, customer requirements, and work flow constraints.
• Communicate well and in a professional manner with Engineering Manager, subordinate employees, management, QC team members, Engineering team members, and other shop personnel.
• Train employees, and keep clear and accurate training records.
• Trouble-shoot problems and find appropriate solutions in a timely manner.
• Inform subordinate employees of change in procedure or other all-company news, and inform Plant Manager or Supervisor of subordinate employees’ progress.
• Provide assessments or progress reports on subordinate employees, and report misbehavior or failure to comply with Employee Handbook (if needed).
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes
QUALIFICATIONS: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 5 years related machining and programming experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Collegiate degree in Mechanical Engineering a plus. Must have experience related to manufacturing in a machine / metal fabrication environment including knowledge of 2, 3 , 4 and 5 axis CNC machines and related manufacturing processes.
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must have good organizational skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Visual Estitrack. Must have strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication. Minimum foundational skill in CAD/CAM software. Able to program 2, 3, 3, and 5 axis CNC machines, and able to write new programs with little to no additional aid. Excellent communication skills required. Can read customer blueprints and understand GD&T.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively to vendors or employees of this organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts, add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole number and fractions, as well as trigonometric functions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to solve complex manufacturing issues, including issues in material, processes, and blueprint errors.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download full job description here: Engineering Technician job desc
Download job application here: Job Application
The job application is an interactive PDF form. Download the form to your computer’s desktop and fill out the highlighted fields. Email your completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org