Machinist Class I
SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, produce, and maintain the quality of dimensionally accurate parts from a variety of materials utilizing the tools and skills of the machining trade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- ●Operate N/C mills, N/C Lathes, conventional mills, lathes, grinders and other machines.
- ●Check and/or inspect machining operations and finished product against specified tolerances using precision measuring tools.
- ●Measure all part features.
- ●Deburr and/or buff parts as necessary.
- ●Read and interpret all blueprints, drawings and operations sheets necessary to perform assigned production operation.
- ●Maintain all documentation required.
- ●Perform periodic cleaning and general maintenance on equipment and/or machinery, as needed or required.
- ●Maintain a clean and safe work area, operate all machinery in a safe and effective manner.
- ●Be active in problem solving and team meetings, making suggestions on quality and flow improvements, follow assignments through to completion.
- ●Understand and follow standard quality operating procedures.
- ●Maintain fluid levels in machines that are being used.
- ●Ensure all inspection tools are in calibration.
- ●Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor or company management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 5 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must pose good organizational skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Visual Estitrack and the ability to take on new challenges. Must poses good manual dexterity. Knowledge of machining trade, working qualities of various metals and alloys.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively to vendors or employees of this organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts, add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole number and fractions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal and solve supply problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download full job description here: Machinist Class I job desc
Download job application here: Job Application
The job application is an interactive PDF form. Download the form to your computer’s desktop and fill out the highlighted fields. Email your completed job application to email@example.com