Machinist Class III
SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, produce, and maintain the quality of dimensionally accurate parts from a variety of materials utilizing the tools and skills of the machining trade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Setup and operate CNC mills, CNC lathes, conventional mills, conventional lathes, grinders and other machines.
- Inspect finished and in-process product against specified tolerances using precision measuring instruments.
- Advanced blueprint reading and comprehensive understanding of GD&T.
- Ability to program using ANSI G and M code.
- Advanced mathematical skills.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Assist engineering in process development and new product introduction.
- Active participation in continual improvement activities.
- Assist in the training of less skilled machinists.
- Perform or assist in setups for less skilled machinists.
- Deburr and finish parts as necessary.
- Perform periodic cleaning and general maintenance on equipment and/or machinery as necessary.
- Other duties as required and assigned by supervisor or company management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 5 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must pose good organizational skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Visual Estitrack and the ability to take on new challenges. Must poses good manual dexterity. Knowledge of machining trade, working qualities of various metals and alloys.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively to vendors or employees of this organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Advanced mathematical skills up to and including trigonometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal and solve supply problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download full job description here: Machinist Class III job desc
Download job application here: Job Application
The job application is an interactive PDF form. Download the form to your computer’s desktop and fill out the highlighted fields. Email your completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org