Description: Works with Team Leader of Quality Assurance Area -manages and coordinates quality planning to include writing and maintaining IDT sheets and final inspection sheets, and inspection procedures. Works with the Quality Manager to identify, plan and to provide quality planning and documentation for all current, future jobs and research past quality documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meets requirements of Quality Technician Position.
- Helps drive quality planning and creates all inspection documentation, and maintains file system.
- Works with Quality Manager and Engineering department personnel to help meet quality needs of our customers and Magnums ISO system.
- Helps quality department members interprets specifications, blueprints, and purchase orders.
- Establishes or adjusts inspection documentation or procedures to meet quality requirements, and providing written documentation forms for the quality assurance department. Creation of said documents require using knowledge of computer programs, instruments, equipment and customer requirements.
- Recommends measures to improve inspection methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Oversee Quality System files.
- All other duties as assigned by Quality Manager.
- Communicates well and in a professional manor with Quality Manager, Quality Team Members, Shop Personnel, Management, and Sub Contract Suppliers.
- (May) require training of new team members.
- (May) Requisition and advise Quality Manager on needed inspection materials, tools, and equipment necessary to function of Quality Assurance.
- (May) Investigate customer requests regarding quality as directed by Quality Manager.
- (May) Perform first article and final inspections and other inspection duties as assigned
- Works with Quality Team Leader and Production Control to help solve problems.
- Interprets Specifications, blueprints, and job orders and assigns duties.
- Understand and interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (G.D. & T)
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 5 years related experience and/or training: or equivalent combination of education and experience.
SKILLS and ABILITIES: Must pose good organizational skills, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Visual Estitrack and the ability to take on new challenges.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents, write routine reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively to vendors or employees of this organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts, add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole number and fractions.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with and solve problems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Download full job description here: Quality Engineer job desc
Download job application here: Job Application
The job application is an interactive PDF form. Download the form to your computer’s desktop and fill out the highlighted fields. Email your completed job application to firstname.lastname@example.org